Just a few observations about Leadership relating to Cubs’ “Worst to First” in five years.
- Full Commitment to a Vision, and relentlessly getting all on-board.
- Attention to Detail was critical; scouting, coaching, organization.
- Invest wisely; no chasing past judgement mistakes.
- “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” Crane Kenny.
- “It’s the Players and all about the Players.” Joe Maddon.
- Talent still needs mentoring and coaching. Talent alone produces only individual results.
- Next year begins today!
Maybe obvious, but being a Leader, assembling a group of Leaders, and coaching Leaders is still what differentiates the best from the rest.
Cheers. Go Cubs!